Hiring a Thai Private Eye
If you want to hire a Thai private eye, it is a good idea to check their background and location. Many are based in the United States, not in Thailand or even Southeast Asia, so the first step is to make sure it’s possible to speak with someone that is actually in Thailand!
While these foreign private investigator Thailand may provide excellent service in their home countries, there is a major disadvantage to doing “long-distance” or “internet” investigations. These companies must normally subcontract their services, furthermore without local agents or staff, it is difficult to control the quality and timeliness of their work. In addition, Thailand culture, customs, and laws are very different from other countries, and of course the service costs outside the Philippines are also much higher.
Don't be misled by big companies, fancy names, bogus claims and trademarks, or flashy websites, make sure you can speak to someone that is actually located in Thailand and can give you customer references and samples of their work before you start. Zele Investigators Thailand recommend the following:
1. Only deal with companies that are actually located in Thailand. Don't hire someone whose office is in the US, you'll only be paying extra for a middleman that cannot control the quality of their subcontractor's work.
2. Be especially wary of any companies from Florida. According to Consumer Fraud Reporting (www.consumerfraudreporting.org), Florida has one of the highest consumer fraud rates in the US! Some PI companies from Florida fraudulently claim to have trademarks on their name.
3. Verify company information such as the address and phone number. Some Thailand private investigators claim to have offices in Thailand, but really don’t. Also If they dont have a phone number in Thailand, that is not a sign of a reputable company.
4. Check if the company is licensed to operate in Thailand. Some claim to be "the largest" and "top-rated", in fact are operating illegally in Thailand. This can just get you into trouble.
5. Ask for and check customer references, by email and phone if possible.
6. Check if they can provide redacted samples of their work. If they cannot, then they dont have anything or are afraid to show you what they can do.
7. Make sure they can communicate properly in English, Thai, and dialects such as Lao.
8. Don't deal with companies that only accept bank transfers or Western Union. Make sure they provide standard universally accepted payment methods that provide consumer protection such as PayPal, Xoom, MoneyGram or with most credit cards.
9. Make sure your information is confidential and secure. Check to see that their websites have proper security and privacy technology.
Contact our Bangkok PI office to find out what Thailand Private Investigator can do for you.